Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Rescued!

I'm happy to report that I've made it safely to Buenos Aires! The pilot strike hasn't ended, but late last night, we were sent a giant 747 to bring back most of the stranded passengers to Buenos Aires. I tell you, it was like the last flight out of Saigon. When it was spotted in the air on its way over, everyone ran to the window, some took pictures, and I saw at least two teary eyes. Once gates opened, people started shoving their way on to the plane, fighting over seats, and yelling at the crew. It was madness, but when we landed, there was quite a collective sigh of relief and a round of applause for the pilot. I'm still not sure who that could have been, though, since supposedly no one's flying, but whoever it was did a great job getting us back! And I'm here just in time for my 10pm flight home.

Speaking of which, it still feels weird to be leaving. Six months is a long time to be away from the people you care about, and I'm very much looking forward to being home again, but I had a little twang of nostalgia as we flew into Buenos Aires last night. This has been an amazing experience, and I'm going to have so many wonderful memories for the rest of my life. Sorry, but I think I'm allowed one sentimental posting.

Next time I write, I'll be paying with dollars. Talk to you then!

M

Next -->