Saturday, November 12, 2005

And I'm off

Well, I've safely arrived at my first destination, Puerto Madryn, Argentina. It's a small fishing town with the bluest water I've ever seen. I'm in love with the place, and I haven't even gone whale-watching yet. My hostel is clean, quiet, and safe, which begs one question: where the fuck am I? My apologies the easily bothered readers out there, but if you saw this place, you'd be just as confused. The first thing I noticed (and really my only point of discontent) is that I'm the youngest person here. By a lot. I just came back from dinner with a group of women old enough to have given birth to me. (That's to say, about 35-40, right Mom?) This is the weirdest hostel dynamic I've ever seen. It's really more like a retirement center with ash trays. Don't get me wrong, it really is a nice place, it's just not...well, fun. That's probably not a bad thing--since I'm here for the nature, and there will be plenty of time for that. Actually though, an early bed time is fine with me, I slept about 20-30 seconds on the bus over here. To give you some perspective as to what it takes to keep me up, I've slept through three earthquakes and a tornado. It was quite a bumpy one. As such, I'm way too wiped out to carry this posting much further, but I'm got some cool things planned, and I'll keep you posted.

M

Next -->