Saturday, November 19, 2005

Hang in there

I've been accumulating quite a few stories over the last couple of days in El Calafate. [Sneak preview: the Italian mountain climbing team, police searches, missed bus, wild cattle, and a 3 hour tour that lasted almost as long as Gilligan's.] Unfortunately, I've got neither the time nor internet connection to relate them all just yet. As it is, I've hiked for an hour to find the only internet cafe in town, and I'm being charged a rate appropiate for house rental on the beach. So I've got to keep it brief. Not to mention, I've got get ready for a a 7 am bus that will take me to an even more remote part of Patagonia for an overnight hike. I'll be alone, rediculusly underprepared, and undoubtedly starving, so I should have a few more stories by the time I return. Before you get too worried, Mom, there will be plenty of other hikers out on the trail, I just won't know any of them. Wish me luck.

M

Next -->