Sunday, July 24, 2005

I love this place

Hi all,

Well, I met my family yesterday, and I couldn't have asked for nicer people. The day that I moved in was the youngest daughter's 18th birthday, so the whole family came over for quite a party. Even Grandma didn't leave until 3am. Dinner was served at 11, and was the
most amazing meal I've ever had. Calling it anything less than a feast would be quite the understatement. We devoured almost a dozen courses (three which were dessert), including some of the best ice cream that I've ever had. I'm very full, and that means something.

So, anyway, the party was great, and the house is also.

I have my own room and bath, and the shower's quite a trip. It's a shower head coming out of the wall right in the middle of the bathroom; not so much as a curtain to keep the water from soaking everything, even the toilet paper.

Today I met the staff of my exchange program, and they're all very nice. They're locals that speak English, although it sounds like they're going to have us speak Spanish around them. That's ok though, it's why I'm here.

All in all, things are looking very nice.



Next -->