Saturday, June 13, 2015

Hold my calls

Let's get something out of the way. Many of our previous trips have been to marginalized countries. Some of them brought insight and meaning about the world we live in. Other trips have had altruistic goals as we worked to better the lives of those around us.

Not this one. This trip is pure vacation.

Aimee just graduated nursing school and passed her license exam. I just finished intern year in the hospital while helping run a brewery. Those two sentences don't come close to capturing the work we put into our heath careers this year, but I'm too traumatized to go into any more detail.

So we decided that there would be no backpacks, no semi-legal border crossings, and no concern about water purity or food safety on this trip. We're going pure beach.

We've been planning this trip for a year, and at 3 AM on the day of the flight, I've finally finished my brewery work. It's time to head up to Phoenix.

See you on Oahu!