Monday, June 21, 2010

Radio Free Hopi

This is cool.  The community radio station up here was just awarded a grant to develop a live stream over the internet.  You can listen live here.

I'm currently talking with the radio station's manager to set up a time slot when I can guest DJ.  I'd love to share some great Tucson music.  If it works out, you'll be the first to know.  There is also a weekly call-in show hosted by one of the IHS doctors that discusses various health topics.  My people are currently talking to her people, as well.

I've volunteered as a camp counselor tomorrow for the Be Hopi, Be Healthy summer program, and I'm pretty excited about that!  It's a mix of cultural enrichment and physical activity for the local kids, and I think I'm looking forward to it as much as they are (if not more)!  I'll post about it tomorrow.

-M